Friday, October 29, 2004

Early Voting Lines

All week, early voting has been taking place across Georgia. Here in Bibb County, lines have run as long as two hours. In Atlanta today, the wait was more than four hours. Call me naive, but I just don't get it. Predictions are for a 72% turnout on election day. Four years ago, the turnout for the Presidential election in Georgia was 70%. Here in Bibb County, that two percent different doesn't amount to much. That year, I only waited about five minutes to vote. Granted, I always go vote in the morning prior to work. Tuesday morning should be interesting. We'll see how it goes. A co-worker and I have a friendly wager on whether I can vote first thing and still be in the office by 8am. Lunch is riding on it, and I feel really good about my chances. We shall see...