Monday, April 23, 2007

Not A Square To Spare

In what is perhaps today's most ridiculous story... in order to save the world from itself (by way of Global Warming), singer Sheryl Crow has proposed strict limits on the use of toilet paper. On her web site, the songstress writes...

I propose a limitation be put on how many sqares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required. When presenting this idea to my younger brother, who's judgement I trust implicitly, he proposed taking it one step further. I believe his quote was, "how bout just washing the one square out."

Eewww... The cure might be worse than the disease.