Monday, March 12, 2007

Can't Believe I Agree With Him

Rep. Dennis Kucinich has weighed in on the Nevada democratic Party cancelling a Presidential debate because the primary sponsor was FOX News. It isn't often I agree with Kucinich, but he nailed this one. From his own web site...

It's an insult to the voters, and the height of cynicism, for candidates to refuse to take the public stage and subject themselves to public scrutiny...

If you want to be the President of the United States, you can’t be afraid to deal with people with whom you disagree politically. No one is further removed from Fox’s political philosophy than I am, but fear should not dictate decisions that affect hundreds of millions of Americans and billions of others around the world...

Say what you will about Dennis Kucinich, but he certainly stands up for his (often wacky) beliefs. I respect him for it. Wouldn't vote for him, but I respect him.