Monday, March 07, 2005

Clinton A Big Fan Of Iran

This story hasn't gotten much notice around the country, but former President Clinton has been dishing out lots of love lately for Iran. Apparently, he feels they are politically in line with his own views. I'm not kidding. Don't believe me? Read the story. Here are some quotes from Clinton...

"Iran today is, in a sense, the only country where progressive ideas enjoy a vast constituency. It is there that the ideas that I subscribe to are defended by a majority."
and
"Iran is the only country in the world... including the United States, including Israel, including you name it, where the liberals, or the progressives, have won two-thirds to 70 percent of the vote in six elections... In every single election, the guys I identify with got two-thirds to 70 percent of the vote. There is no other country in the world I can say that about, certainly not my own."