Wednesday, July 14, 2004

What Was That Awful Sound?

Baseball junkie that I am, I planted myself on the couch last night for the All-Star Game. Everything was great up until the National Anthem, sung by Fantasia Barrino from "American Idol". How in the heck did this girl win the American Idol contest? Her performance had to be one of the worst renditions of The Star-Spangled Banner I've ever heard. Ever.

If you missed it, and want to hear this disaster for yourself, click here, then scroll down and look for Fantasia under "More Headlines From Tuesday.".

Apparently I'm not the only one who thought it sucked. Here are some comments from around the Web...

"...she stunk. I mean she was horrible."

"She should have at least learned the words."

"...the National Anthem by Fantasia was horrible."

"...tonight's All-Star Game started with this piece of CRAP"

"Good grief, SSB may be hard to sing but its lyrics aren't THAT complicated, and if you're going to sing them on a nationally-televised stage, you'd better learn them."

"...screeched, screamed and sounded like an alley cat"

I could go on and on, but you get the picture...