Thursday, February 15, 2007

Just An Idiot

Former NBA star Tim Hardaway said during a radio interview yesterday...

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."


Yet another example of a big dumb jock. Anyone with the sense to walk upright should know not to express such views in a public forum. Especially if they're famous. You might actually feel that way, but you certainly don't vocalize it. Nothing good is ever going to come from it. Besides, it's just bigoted to hate someone because they're gay.

As Christians we're taught not to hate the sinner, but to hate the sin.

To put it another way... Don't hate the player, hate the game.