Thursday, July 20, 2006

Where To Begin?

From Cybercast News Service...

Comedian/activist Dick Gregory told the 97th annual convention of the NAACP in Washington, D.C., this week that the problems faced by African Americans are caused by several factors, including an "insane, racist system" that favors whites and pollution that "turns ordinary people into violent criminals."

Among his insane comments, Gregory said, "Whole lots of folks, not just rednecks, will not refer to a black person as 'Mister' or 'Ms.,' but they got a candy bar named Mister Goodbar, and the candy bar's darker than me, but they call it 'Mister' and call me 'Boy.'"

"The FBI has documents on the relationship between lead exposure and homicide," but "nobody knows about it."

Citing an FBI file by Roger Masters of Dartmouth College -- whose study found that criminal activity is higher in areas with high lead and manganese pollution -- Gregory charged that "polluted water can cause brain damage that turns ordinary people into violent criminals."

"They convince you that I'm just a heathen and I murder just 'cause I want to murder," but "I murder because something's in my food, something's in my water," Gregory said.

"Malt liquor is made by white beer companies but only sold in black neighborhoods, and you don't get suspicious? They put a thing in it called manganese, and once you get so much manganese in you, you will kill your momma, but they've got you believing that's normal for you to act that way."