Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Way Too Much To Do

I have to say that I thought I was getting off easy with the planning and preparations for the wedding. I knew that Shannon and her parents were going to be handling the bulk of the plans. I thought my three or four tasks would be quick and easy. Geez, was I off base. With two months and a few days left, I'm having trouble keeping everything straight that I need to take care of. (It doesn't help that things at work have gone hectic since Jeffy left to head back to the land of Oz !)

Hotel reservations have been made for out of town guests for the night before and night of the wedding. Our room is reserved for the wedding night, and we have a shuttle bright and early the next morning to the airport. Our honeymoon plans have changed the last couple of weeks, which has thrown a new dynamic into the mix. We're still doing Jamaica, just a different resort. We have engagement pictures this weekend, there are two or three more showers planned (including a couples shower), we still have to get my ring, get the invitations sent out in about 10 days... it just goes on and on.

Needless to say, between wedding and work, this blog has been sorely neglected lately. I think we have a pretty good candidate for our opening at Green Acres*, so work should get back to some semblance of normalcy soon. Maybe the same will happen here.

* Green Acres - our affectionate nickname for our building.